Watch: A Soon-To-Be Married Couple Put Through 100 Years Of Aging collective-evolution

For some, myself included, the idea of aging can be a frightening prospect. I’ve barely begun the second half of my twenties and I already unnecessarily preoccupy myself with fears of getting older, largely centred around my receding hairline.

While most of these thoughts are completely irrational, and true beauty certainly does lie within, I was happy to come across a video that offered an interesting experience related to aging. Those behind the YouTube channel Field Day got an engaged couple (Tavis and Kristie) to come in and be transformed by the power of makeup, affording them the unique opportunity to see each other, and themselves, at later stages of their lives.

Currently in their late twenties, the pair was transformed to look as they may appear at 50, 70, and 90 years old, and then revealed to one another at each stage. Their reactions to each other and to themselves, as well as the profound meaning they took from the experience, are certainly worth watching.

While the makeup creations may not end being accurate depictions of how the pair will actually look when those times come, they certainly did a wonderful job at capturing very believable aging results.

One particular element I liked about this project is the commentary it offers on our most valuable resource in life: time. Often so preoccupied by the hustle and bustle of our daily lives, we forget, or find it difficult, to appreciate every stage and age that we go through. Seeing a couple go through such drastic changes in such a short period of time gave me an even greater appreciation for who I am, recognizing that I will never be as young in this life as I am right now.

What are your thoughts on this now viral experiment? Did you shed a tear while watching their reactions to one another over the phases of life? Let us know via the comment section.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Iceland Knows How To Stop Teen Substance Abuse But The Rest Of The World Isn’t Listening collective-evolution

The Inevitable Is Almost Here: What’s Going To Happen When The Whole World Finds Out? collective-evolution

Quantum Vacuum & Zero Point Energy Access: Is “Free Energy” For All Actually Possible? collective-evolution